Tuesday 4 December 2007

In reference.

In reference to my Morrissey post earlier, here here is a link to Tim Jonze's blog on the Guardian website stating quite clearly and unequivocally that "Every single quote attributed to Morrissey in my interview with him is correct, and I stand by them" and "How can Morrissey possibly claim a stich up when the interview is printed in Q&A form, his quotes are recorded on tape and he wasn't even asked about immigration in the first place? It's truly cowardly. If Morrissey holds these opinions he should either be sticking to his guns and standing by them or - more honorably - educating himself on race issues, realising why his comments were both offensive and inflamatory, and apologising for them as quickly as is humanly possible." So, if as Tim Jonze makes clear, there are tape recordings of what Steve-O said then I guess he did make those unpleasant comments and it'll be fun and games for him in court.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you trust a man who spells his surname 'Jonze'?

Moz sayz: 'I do not mean to be rude to Tim Jonze but when I first caught sight of him I assumed someone had brought their child along to the interview. The runny nose told the whole story. Conor had assured that Tim was their best writer. Talking behind his hands and in endless fidget, Tim accepted every answer I gave him with a schoolgirl giggle, and repeatedly asked me if I was shocked at how little he actually knew about music.'