Wednesday 21 February 2007

Londonium.

I've been told on several occasions recently that I've not posted enough pictures or said enough about London and how I am getting on down here, so consider this post as my way of making it up to you all. Mitch and I took a walk on Valentine's evening after a lovely wee meal in Strada by St Paul's (which will feature heavily in the following pictures since it is my favourite building in London). We walked round St Paul's,


across the millenium bridge,


on to the millenium walk along the South Bank,


where I tested the zoom function on my camera...


before we then kept on walking until we passed Blackfriars Bridge,


until we saw the Houses of Parliament!


with that lovely purple lighting at the bottom- where could that come from we wondered? Although not really, since it was patently obvious that it was related to this:


The London Eye! Aye, it's big right enough.


And allows for fancy looking pictures to be taken with the minimum of effort, or artistic talent,


before normal service is resumed.

Mitch and I then walked across the bridge leading up to Westminster, took a wander around Parliament Square, along St James' Park where we debated as to whether we were behind Downing St (we were, but it was awfy dark) and then walked along Wateloo Place to Picadilly Circus,


before we wandered along to a wee cafe called Stockpots West End where Mitch wasn't overly keen on getting her picture taken.


We then made out merry way to Charing Cross Station where Mitch got the Tube home and I settled for the train to Beckenham, but not before I took another wee picture of the wheel, this time in a different colour.




There we are, I do have a load more of other pictures (mostly St Paul's I admit) that I'll post in time, but for now that'll have to do. I have work to do!

2 comments:

Brigham said...

Yes, but what about all the pictures from the Texas Embassy?

niall said...

Ah, I may have forgotten my camera with that one. Next time!