Monday 13 August 2007

Blog referrers.

As is ofen the wont of the wont of the blogger, I checked my site visitors earlier and found some interesting facts. Since I endeavour to be a generous kind of fellow, I think I'll share them with you. Since they say that a picture says more than a thousand words (or words to that effect), I've taken a snapshot of the referrer details for visitors to this blog. You can have a squadge here:



According to the left-hand column, scwr.blogspot.com is my best link friend. I'd heartily recommend you visit there too- you'll struggle to find a more eloquently written blog that merges the mither tongue with English anywhere on the web and without the pretension so beloved of most 'writers' churned out Edinburgh way. Plus I like the title of the blog.

Mostly the referrer information is fairly standard or obvious stuff like "sunday clocks" or "sundayclocksarestriking" or "sunday clocks are striking". Nothing too odd there I hear you say. True. Then it turns out that people have visited my blog after searching for "electronic mouse killer", "billy ocean" & "dickie davies picture" (this pleases me immensely) and "rugby sodomites". WTF?! Rugby sodomites?! Are you joking? WHEN DID I WRITE ABOUT THAT?! Other than just there of course which will inevitably now double the chances of my site getting visited again by some rugby fantasist deviant. Other than Duncan Connors of course. Hur hur. (Sorry Duncan.)

3 comments:

Richie said...

Ha ha! You rank 4th for "rugny sodomites", which with the spamming of your last post I'm sure will increase to 2 at least. The reason you did before was because of the kilt posts.

My best searh term has been "John Smeaton banjoed", giving me 70 visits!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! you're now google's number 1 source for news, info & chat about "rugby sodomites"

Anonymous said...

BORED!

(I came here expecting at least a little actual sodomy)