Sunday 6 January 2008

Happy New Year.

I almost forgot to wish you all a happy new year and fill you in on the joyful festivities I had over the festive period. My mother slipped on some black ice at home the Saturday before Christmas and broke her ankle and leg and knackered her ligaments, resulting in her being kept in over Christmas and poor Mitch driving the MacKenzies and Nichols to and from hospital to see her for the duration that we were there. She got out on the 27th though and is in plaster for 6 weeks then needs physio. Merry Christmas! So I headed back to London a few days after she got out and when I arrived I wasn't feeling too well- turns out I had caught some nasty bug from my 6 year old nephew which at least wasn't the dreaded norovirus that the world and his wife seem to have caught (see i.e.good across on the links for a lovely description of its symptoms), which was nice for me at least. What wasn't nice was being stuck indoors freezing cold with a fever and feeling like I'd run a marathon the previous day. On my hands. Paracetamol did the trick until Friday when I was forced into getting some Co-codamol (codeine AND paracetamol) to help me function at some level. It's gone today though! Just in time to get back to work. Nice. Happy New Year indeed!

No comments: