Tuesday 29 May 2007

How long until the Running Man becomes reality?

After reading this I can only come to the conclusion that the film The Running Man, starring good old Arnie, will be a reality possibly within 10 years.

"Lights out Christmas tree!"

From the producers of Big Brother- I know I know, who would have thought THEY would be able to come up with such an idea- we now have a new nadir. I get the feeling they have plenty more nadirs lined up in the coming years for us though. At least it's a good sign that I'm getting old when I start to find certain tv shows objectionable. Actually come to think of it, I've always found certain tv shows objectionable. Brookside, Take The High Road, Crossroads and QVC (okay, not technically a tv show per se, more a way of life I know) to name but a few. They've all suffered in comparison to the joys of Corrie, Eastenders and The Simpsons. I like it when people claim to hate tv and that there is never anything on it that they like. I think it is almost always false. The One Eyed God/Window To The World/Idiot Box has far too much to offer to be of no interest at all surely? I don't even own a tv and don't have any intention of owning one but I can see its merits. Not quite enough to buy one though, I like the new One Eyed God/Window To The World I'm staring at right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hook. line. sinker. chortle!

ewg said...

The Running Man was an all too serious reality in 1989 when school dances were a hotspot for it and colorful silk shirts. You were talking about the sweet dance move right?