Tuesday 29 May 2007

Old favourite quote #2.

In spite of Fraser's continued reluctance to post his political compass and Bob instead doing it for him (and a fine job he did too- very accurate), I've decided to post. Feel free to moan at the Lanky Dance Master as it is his fault I didn't post earlier.


"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, 1903.

I like this quote, although when I was first exposed to it courtesy of a schoolfriend and his almost illegible scrawl across my yearbook I wasn't aware that he had in fact butchered it to the extent that he had rendered it almost entirely incorrect. Thankfully my ignorance for the last 12 years has just been corrected by said fellow getting in touch and providing me with the actual quote. I will of course now go and see if I can find Man & Superman to read on the train.

1 comment:

canucksbear said...

I can only apologise old chum.

Illiterate and an illegible scrawler eh? More crosses to bear than an Orthodox Church!