Monday 10 March 2008

Culinary delights.

FINALLY I've found a good place for curry in London. The bad news is that it takes a while to get out to Tooting Broadway, but still now that I know there is at least one place that is capable of serving a good curry (also cheap), I'll perhaps be more inclined to go out there for it. The place in question is called Masaledar and thankfully manages to do a Saag Paneer that actually tastes of something and doesn't have a watery, milky consistency to it. Plus it did amazing Peshwari naan and nice, non-dyed pilau rice. Not too shabby at all. Oh and for four of us the bill came to an incredibly reasonable 40 quid, and that with food left on the table no less. All good. Don't get me wrong, it was no Mother India in Glasgow, but for London I'm impressed.

That was on Friday, on Saturday we went along to Patogh by Edgware Rd with Freeman after trying and failing to get into Mandalay, a Burmese restaurant further up Edgware Rd. As disappointed as I was that we wouldn't be eating Burmese food, Patogh was a more than ample substitute. It didn't have much in the way of vegetarian options for main courses, but the special bread was one of the best breads I've ever eater. And I've eaten a LOT of bread in my time. It was so good I'd put it just behind a tasted slice of Mother's Pride plain loaf with loads of butter on it. Because NOTHING beats that bread. Still, Patogh was fantastic though. Well worth a visit. If only they'd do a vegetarian kebab though. Ach well.

What did I do on Sunday? I cooked a Moroccan chickpea stew in a tagine! Which was nice. In fact, I'm going to have some of the leftovers for dinner tonight I think.

Oh dear, I appear to have turned this into a culinary blog. See what happens when not a morsel of food has passed your lips by 4pm? I should go eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm hungry again now!!!

AM said...

hurray! now I can come back to London!